From August 17, 2007

Grandfather Clocks Names – Tallcase Clock, Longcase Clock, and more

Grandfather clocks are known by other clock names, particularly in Western Europe where they originated. Most people in the United Kingdom refer to grandfather clocks as Tall Case (or sometimes Tallcase) Clocks or Long Case (or sometimes Longcase) Clocks. Other grandfather clock names that are sometimes used that are more or less synonomous with grandfather …

Read more